The image above shows the application garageband.
This is the soundtrack which I made for our final thriller opening. The sound was probably the most annoying aspect of the editing stage as I searched the internet but we could just not find a soundtrack which suited our thriller. I looked at royalty free music websites to find music however a lot of the sites which we came across were not really free and had some hidden charges; all the free sites we came across were rubbish apart from one. The one site which we did find for music which actually quite good was -http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/- the site was really good and has a massive array of royalty free music tracks to choose from. However despite the mass amount of choice of music, we still could not find a track which suited our piece. So I decided that I was just going to make one. The application I made this on was garage band. I have used garage band before but I’m no pro, this meant that a lot of time was spent fiddling around and getting to grips with the app itself. I have used the app before as I said but when i used it it was a couple years ago and i was trying to make a dubstep track anyway the point is I was a little bit rusty.
When making the track I had to make sure it followed what we wanted as a group. As a group we agreed that the track had to be slow and subtle, however we still had to make sure it was identifiable as a song associated with a thriller film. The track that i made took quite a while and there were a lot of failed attempts and re drafts. The first draft I came up with was a song which was made up of violins and background noises. I shared this with some of the members in my group and they liked it however it was a bit too much for our thriller, so it was back to the drawing board. after a couple attempts I had finally cracked it 🙂 The track i made was slow eerie and oh so creepy.